Monday, August 28, 2006

Life gets in the way

This morning is the first morning in months that I missed a regular scheduled workout and I'm really annoyed with myself. I am so lucky to have 2 healthy, happy little kids but the one issue we have with our boys is sleep, or a lack thereof. I was up last night from before 1am until after 3am trying to get C. back to sleep. In a small ranch house the cry-it-out method doesn't work well since I can't sleep anyway with him in the bedroom next door yelling. I tried it last night and for 40 minutes I listened to "Mom! Mom! Momm-mm-yy! Dad! Mom! Mom!"- you get the idea. I finally went and sat in there until he fell asleep, got back to bed around 3:30am and when my alarm went off at 4:05am I didn't hear it. I woke up about 5:40am, realized I missed running and I wouldn't even get to weights class on time so I just grabbed my stuff, showered at the gym and got to my desk.

Oh well, maybe an extra day of rest before Wednesday's race will be helpful.

No comments: