Tuesday, May 08, 2007

Back in the swing of things

The cold from he!! is finally done kicking my butt. I woke up with only a very mildly sore throat this morning after almost 3 weeks of waking up feeling like I was swallowing glass. I had even decided to call the doctor today because this was bordering on ridiculous that I was still feeling so awful after such a long time. I guess once my mind decided to call a doctor, my body decided it had enough. Whatever the reason, I'm not complaining.

Yesterday morning was bootcamp class and we did over 100 walking lunges. So yes, my butt and inner thighs would like to fall off today. I skipped 6am class today but went for a nice 40 minute walk at lunch. We covered just over 2.5 miles, so I think I can still hold a 15 min. mile walking pace. I'm trying to decide whether I'd like to walk a 5k at the end of the month. It's largely going to depend on whether I'll have to be pushing the boys in the stroller. That's almost 100 pounds these days and even if it's on wheels, that might be more effort than I've got. I got an e-mail from one of my team mates for the June 10th tri and she said they anticipate the water temp will be in the low 50s. I guess that will motivate me to finish that 1/2 mile as fast as possible, especially since I'll be going it without a wetsuit. I think I'll try a beach swim in about 2 weeks for practice.

Hot Wheels now has another kids race on the schedule. SuperDad's going to do a 5-mile road race Memorial Day weekend and they have a 1/3 mile kids race. It's around a block in town, so one of us will have to go with him just to be sure he stays on the course. We told him we could walk far behind him if he doesn't want one of us to run with him. He said he'll think about it. He's been running all the time lately, he loves to do laps around the house with his imaginary friends, Zippy and Bappy. Apparently he and Zippy run at very similar paces because he tells me they often tie. He tells us he's looking forward to running another race, too bad there aren't more kids races in the area. We'll keep checking the schedules.

Pregnancy status: 96 days to go!

2 comments:

Unknown said...

Glad you're finally over that cold. It held on for WAY TOO long. Glad to hear that you're back to your early AM workouts. Keep up the good work!

Unknown said...

Glad you are feeling better.

Wonder if Zippy runs my pace as well? ;)