Thursday, May 10, 2007

Zippy runs again

I think we've created a monster, in the best possible form of the word. Ever since his kids race almost 2 weeks ago, Hot Wheels is a running machine. SuperDad has told me that during the day he'll easily run 20-30 laps around the house. Sometimes Superman runs, too, but he gets a little frustrated because no matter how much of a lead he gets, Hot Wheels can usually beat him. He's fast for a 2-year-old, but that's still not as fast his 4-year-old brother. Usually it's Hot Wheels and Zippy racing, sometimes Bappy, Jeffrey or a host of other racers join in. These imaginary friends don't seem to be a part of the family any time other than the races, though, I don't know much about them. Yesterday afternoon we took a great trip to the beach. SuperDad went for a run along the beach front. When he finished up, Hot Wheels wanted to know whether he could go for a run, too. We were sitting on the beach about 100 meters from the rock jetty at one end. Hot Wheels ran that loop for about 45 minutes, without stopping, barefoot in the sand. Superman joined in about half the time, he's adopted Zippy as a running partner of his own as well. It's amazing that Zippy can run 2 races simultaneously and at different paces. The boys kept themselves amused running at the beach until it was time to go home. And you know what? I never saw them breathing heavy or wanting to take a break. They were having a blast. I only hope that some day I might enjoy running half that much.

This has been a great week of workouts on my end, too. This morning was spin class and we did pyramids of seated climb, standing climb, standing hover and speed spin. They sometimes call it a sprint but there's minimal resistance so it's not really a sprint, just a fast spin. Yesterday morning's class was kickboxing and I'm a little disappointed that I must modify almost all the high impact movements to lower impact because they were causing a lot of discomfort around Critter. I suppose I'm very lucky to have made it to almost the third trimester with minimal discomfort from exercise. The first trimester there was plenty of nausea, fortunately only minimal actual sickness, but the second trimester really was great. I can modify workouts for the next 13 weeks and nothing bad will happen. Workouts will still be there when Critter's joined us on the outside. I know I've got a lot of work to do in the future, small steps.

2 comments:

Trisaratops said...

That is awesome that you are in the 3rd trimester and still kicking butt. I'm 19 weeks so hopefully I can do the same!

And thank you for your comments! Please don't think it was you or anyone else that made me want to write in private! I am the kind of person that's had a diary since I was about 5 years old, and sometimes I think I just want to write things for me--especially things I am scared or nervous about. I'm actually a pretty private person when it comes to anything that's NOT about triathlon. I could talk about tris all day to anyone on the street.

:)

Unknown said...

Keep the boys running. It's a healthy habit!

And good job with your exercise! You rock!