Thursday, April 17, 2008

Plateau

I knew it was going to happen. I had a nice little graph with a negative slope going for quite a few weeks- 13 actually. It's now been three weeks at a basic plateau, at 155. I saw that lovely 154.0 once, but not since April 2nd. I guess I'm at where I've been before. I know what I need to do, but I'm not currently willing to do it. I'm 39 pounds less than I was at my highest weight of 194 and I'm pretty happy with that, but it's not really where I want to be. Eventually. But maybe for right now it's okay enough and then when I'm motivated again I'll get below that glorious 150 mark! I'm usually fine with the bag of dark chocolates in my desk, I eat one every day after lunch. Except today I've had four. And yesterday, I ate a 230 calorie candy bar from the break room. And I didn't even enjoy it. I'm doing the eat-because-it's-there-not-because-I'm-hungry thing, and I even know I'm doing it, but I don't stop myself. I tell myself it's to deal with some of the stress I've got going, except that I feel like I've got no real stress. So this is just a dip in the road, I'm not going to beat myself up, I'm going to ride it out, hope it's a short phase and then get back on track! That's it. Now I've got three more hours to not eat more chocolate in my desk, enough of a challenge for today.

No comments: