Monday, November 05, 2007

Operation 7-11

Today was the day I would have returned to work if Cutie arrived on her due date. Thanks to her late arrival I've got another ten days until I return. I anticipate some tears next Thursday when I go back, and the kids might cry, too. I'm trying not to think about it for the next nine days.

My sister called last month to tell me that she's engaged. She's been dating her fiance for about 14 months now and they moved in together in September. I'm thrilled for her, he's a great guy and the boys already love their new uncle. He's about 6'4" (she's 6' tall) and was a football player in college, they think he's a riot and he's great fun for physical games since he can easily bench press both the boys. Anyway, today she's signing a contract for the reception on July 11th. She's warned me that as a member of the large bridal party (I'm one of EIGHT women), I will be wearing a strapless dress. So here's the scene, I am currently 168 pounds with a 35" waist, 40" hips, a 41" chest and 23" thighs- a solid size 10, pushing the 12 side. I know I've got to lose weight. In my mind I'd like to lose 28 pounds, the 10 pregnancy pounds still hanging around and then the 18 pounds I had wanted to lose before getting pregnant, but didn't. I was 140 pounds when I got married, but that was eight years and three kids ago, so I'm not sure it's realistic. That would be 3.5 pounds a month, or one pound a week or so. I know that I tend to hold on to some weight while nursing and Cutie will likely still be nursing in July, so I'm going to work more on feel than numbers.

The only thing (other than the necessary paycheck) I look forward to about going back to work, is the gym. I'll be back to regular workouts and my plan is that 2008 will be the year of the run. I'm planning to do my first ever stand alone 5k in April, the annual work-sponsored triathlon in August and we'll just see what the year brings other than that. I don't plan too much, life doesn't always cooperate around here, but that's part of the fun.

4 comments:

Unknown said...

Enjoy that last week before returning to work!!

My sister in law got married 4 months after my daughter was born, so I was pregnant when they asked for measurements for dresses and wasn't quite sure what size I'd be when the wedding actually happened. What a mess!! At least you'll have a better idea. Best wishes with you weight loss goals between now and then.

Fe-lady said...

Work and workouts and three kids...you won't even have TIME to eat!
Love the fact that "Uncle" can bench press the kids...both at the same time? THAT would be a picture!

Triteacher said...

Weight loss. Stinks. Or rather, trying to lose weight. BUT you have a good motivator - and a deadline. That always helps. Good luck!

SingletrackJenny (formerly known as IronJenny) said...

You will be beautiful!