Sunday, September 28, 2008

A first for me

This weekend for the first time, I did a weekend workout. Yes, last night after the kids were tucked in bed and nearly asleep. I escaped to the basement and did a two mile run. Okay, two miles is a pretty pathetic little workout, 22 minutes with cool-down, but it felt great. After my Friday night run-induced insomnia, I wasn't sure whether another crack at the night time run was worth it, but I was surprised at how good I felt running at night. I'm not exactly sure how it was different from a morning run, but it felt good. I wonder whether maybe I'm ready to add real weekend workouts to my schedule. It might just be a consistent three mile run night, since I won't often be starting until 9pm and I'm not willing to give up the whole night- or be up until 3am on a regular basis. Or maybe it was a random night that I wanted to run. Either way, it felt good.

3 comments:

Unknown said...

I've never run late like that, but with my running group on Tue/Thu evenings, I find that I sleep very well those nights. Generally, I prefer morning workouts though.

Mike said...

Well done for leading the TTW weight loss challenge. I'm not doing so good :(

Fe-lady said...

Two miles is two miles...and nothing is "pathetic" as long as it makes you feel good! :-)