Tuesday, March 10, 2009

the long and short of it

Yesterday's long run was 7 miles. It started well and then at mile three my stomach started rumbling. I got off the treadmill and took a pee break. From mile 3-4 I wasn't sure my stomach was going to hold out, but then from 4-6 it felt fine. Mile 6-7 was sort of ugly, but it got done. Final time: 72:02 for 7 miles. I was at 10:21 at first and ended at 10:32 pace. I was happy with that.

This morning was strength class so I went for a short speed run before class. My 1-mile time was 7:52. Then in strength class I did 2 sets of 10 full pushups.

A pretty good start to a week if I do say so myself. Here are a few more recent pictures to share.


Princess with her home-cut bangs.
The boys at the local aquarium, right after Spiderman fell in a puddle.
When a snowball's coming your way, little brothers are a good shield.

2 comments:

Unknown said...

a VERY good start to the week in my book!

cute photos too. :-0

ShesAlwaysWrite said...

I am SO IMPRESSED at the distances you're running!! I haven't been able to pull off more than running a mile so far this year.