Friday, March 27, 2009

Saw that FOUR!

Last week was a little discouraging, I felt like I was stuck at a weight plateau and my motivation was just failing a bit. I did get through my 8-miler last week and this week was 8.25. Next week, outdoor runs will happen! Maybe not all of them but at least one will be outside. Also, today's weigh-in was a nice way to end the week- drumroll please, 149.8. That's 11 pounds since the start of the year, and I'm out of the 150's for what I wish I could say would be the last time in my life. I would like to think so, but we'll see what happens down the road. For now, I can proudly state that I can no longer race Athena, I'm an Age Grouper from here on out.

I went to core training again and I have to say that there are some things I can do now that I never thought I'd be able to do. When we're using the swiss balls, I can pike up into a full pike position, I could never do that before. I can do a solid backbend, and when we're doing heel touches, I can lower my heels all the way to the floor without putting my hands under my lower back. All good things, but I've still got a way to go.

2 comments:

Unknown said...

congrats on being an age grouper now! woooohoooo!!!!

kodiacbear said...

Whoo Hoo--your doing great!!