Tuesday, February 12, 2008

Have Tutu, will plunge

Today our tutus were delivered for Sunday's Penguin Plunge, mine is a lovely majenta and black, the tiaras will be there Sunday. The weather is predicted to be an overcast and slightly chilly 36 degrees with a water temperature of approximately 42 degrees. We're not nearly as hearty as some of those mid-western or Canadian plungers with colder water temperatures, but it will do. I'm looking forward to it- the first of my fun events for the year! Along the lines of wearing my bathing suit, I have officially lost 10.8 pounds according to the scale at the gym. We weighed in for a gym program on December 12th and two months later I'm 10.8 pounds lighter. I'm pretty happy with that. If I could lose five pounds a month for the next four months, I'd be thrilled. I'm going to work towards that goal- I'll be one smokin' matron of honor!

I ran 2.5 miles this morning at 6 mph on the treadmill. I think I could have run 3, I was just running a little late for work after a late night/early morning with Cutie and Hot Wheels. I think next week I'll go for the full 3 miles, or maybe 3.1 to simulate the upcoming 5K. Once I've gone the distance I'll try to increase my speed a little before the event. Still two months to go, I think I'll make that 30 minute time goal. Yesterday morning was a great strength training session, I increased my weight and/or sets on almost every exercise. Except lateral raises, I hate lateral raises. If I ever get above 8 pounds for lateral raises, I'll be impressed with myself.

Sunday afternoon we took the kids out for a walk. Cutie and Superman rode in the double stroller and Hot Wheels rode his bike all around the neighborhood. He's clearly too big for that bike, planning to get a new one for his birthday in April. It's amazing the difference between the fall and now with his riding, he's so much smoother and more confident. A couple times he even let go of the handle bars and I mentioned he probably doesn't want to do that once the training wheels are off. He'll learn, quickly. After the walk the boys and I played tag and chase in the backyard. I'm not really sure the difference between tag and chase, but they are, so we played them both. Then Hot Wheels and I ran some laps around the house. I was carrying Superman for quite a few laps- good workout. It's amazing that I can really feel the difference in being just 10 pounds lighter. I can't imagine how good I'll feel at 20 pounds lighter still, and I'm looking forward to it. The boys are getting big enough that when they're running flat out, I really have to run to keep up. In the fall I was starting to suck wind after a few rounds of tag, Sunday I felt great the whole time. Fun times.

5 comments:

Anonymous said...

I hate lateral raises too - in fact anything that works the shoulders is just too hard!!

Good work on the weight loss - keep it up and you'll be one smoking hot "tagger" to that cute clan!

A New Beginning said...

You truly are an inspiration to me. You are doing wonderful on your weight loss.

I remember reading early in your pregnancy about you continuing your 10 min miles. That was amazing to me, especially now. I am good at walking barely over a 15 min mile. I can't imagine running!

Good luck and keep up the great work!

Unknown said...

Tutu plunge sounds like fun, although I'm not sure I'd like to be wearing a tutu in the water myself...lol

Unknown said...

Tutu plunge sounds like fun, although I'm not sure I'd like to be wearing a tutu in the water myself...lol

SingletrackJenny (formerly known as IronJenny) said...

you sure are bouncing back fast - maybe you should have just one more... tee-hee.
;-)
Jenny