Wednesday, December 06, 2006

Feels good to get back to it

Yesterday I did get up for Gutts & Butts class, after missing class last week for travel, those squats were killer!! I got in some time on the elliptical trainer before class as well. This morning was kick-my-ass boot camp, which, as usual, kicked my ass. I'm just feeling a little run down lately so I hung out on the recumbent cycle after bootcamp instead of the walking hill workout I'd done the last couple times.

I think I'm going to stick with my current schedule until the new year, then I'm going to work on some more swimming. I think that 2007 will be the year of the swim. I'm planning to buy myself some paddles and maybe fins for Christmas, and I know my mom's planning to get me the grab bag Speedo- so it's likely to be quite a pattern! But any suit will work fine for me.

Yesterday morning was the first snow around here. It didn't accumulate, but the kids were so excited to see the snow fall. When I called home around 8am, Paul was already bundling them up to go outside and play. They both had their strollers outside and they were "catching" the snowflakes. It's going to be so much fun playing out in the snow this winter. When I got home from work tonight we went out to play. The boys bundled up in winter coats and hats and we played in the yard until after dark. We had the flashlights out and we spent a good 45 minutes racing around the house with the dogs. Always good to get out some of that "boy energy" that gets pent up all day. I always have a good time when we all play outside, even when it's cold or raining (as long as it's a warm rainy day). I'm hoping for a repeat of last night because it was actually a good sleeping night. Superman made it through the night and Hot Wheels only got up once, quickly going back to sleep about 3am. I'm still on catch-up, though, so I could definitely use a few more nights like that to feel rested again.


Spin class tomorrow morning with yoga stretch after. That always feels good.

No comments: