Friday, March 09, 2007

No, I'm not at the pool right now

Since it's 5am that's where I had planned to be. Instead I've been sitting here at work for over an hour. Part of it is an annoyance- I had to brag yesterday that for the first time since he was born, HotWheels had slept through the night for 10 nights in an row! (The previous record was 3 nights.) Last night- not so much. So I've been up since 1:52am.

However, part of it is not his fault because even after he fell asleep again about 3:27am I was still wide awake. I was thinking about work, things I've got to get done and a new opportunity I'm hoping works out. I was lying in bed composing an e-mail I wasn't sure I would send so I just decided to get up, come in, and write it. If you've got some generic good luck thoughts- I'd appreciate all I can get. I hate it when people get all cryptic, but I don't have much to say other than a good opportunity I REALLY hope works out. Besides, we all know I'm pregnant and that's the only really big surprise around my life the past few years. Happy Friday. I'm off to the gym when it opens at 5:30am. I guess some elliptical trainer's on tap for today, a good hour will work off some calories.

Edited to add that I had a good workout, it was 50 minutes on the elliptical trainer, 463 calories. By 10am I was VERY sorry that I decided to get up and go to work at 3:30am, I had already been there 6 hours and had 5 more to go. Oh well. Tonight was pizza picnic night and we just finished a Wallace and Gromit movie that everyone enjoyed. Thanks for the good luck wishes, I don't think that anyone I know actually reads this blog so I can safely (I hope) mention that the opportunity I hope comes through is a job in a new department. The wheels of bureaucracy move slowly so it will likely be many weeks or a couple months before I know anything. Being 4 months pregnant I'm not exactly the ideal looking candidate for many prospective bosses. But I've got a pretty unique skill set that pretty closely matches what they're looking for. A new challenge would be awesome right now, so I appreciate any positive thoughts coming my way.

I've got a week of training next week in Pittsburgh. I leave Monday morning around 9am and won't return until Friday around 7pm. It's the longest I will have been away from the boys since they were born and I'm not really looking forward to it. It was supposed to be the final link that put me over the top to get a promotion this year, but I've already basically been told that's not going to happen. So, now it's just some resume padding and maybe a chance to sleep through the night. I'd still rather stay home. Oh well.

5 comments:

Triteacher said...

Fingers crossed, four leaf clover plucked, coin tossed into wishing well... GOOD LUCK!

Tersie said...

Good luck wishes are headed your way!!! :)

Unknown said...

Hope things work out for you.

BTW - I haven't been sleeping well lately either, and I don't have young kids to blame it on. Bleck!

Duane said...

Good luck! 4 months pregnant and working and working out like you do? You are inspiring!

ShyTriGirl said...

Good Luck!
I appreciate you comments on my blog and realize that I don't comment much on yours, but I do check in - sort of true to my blog name. :-)