Monday, September 04, 2006

Family workout day

Three day weekends are just about the best thing there is. Today we met up with my brother-in-law's family and hiked up a local hiking trail. It's a 1.6 mile trail that climbs 739 feet so it's a challenge while carrying backpacks of lunch and pushing one or two kids in the jogging stroller. I only pushed about half way today and then I handed the kids off to my husband and I took the dogs. I ended up carrying C. for a while, so that's an extra 30 pounds to carry and then I had the stroller on the way down. I think it was good enough for a workout for today.

I have got to get back on track with my diet. I gained six pounds last month. I think I ate like I was racing every other day, not twice in one month. It's a little depressing when I think of how long it took me to lose thos six pounds back in the spring and they came back on so fast. I've just got to regain my focus on eating healthy. I've also got to remember that just because a snack is healthy doesn't mean the whole box is!

No comments: