Thursday, September 14, 2006

I've got a preschooler and I'm back on track


Tuesday morning was M's first day of preschool. I wanted to go with him to drop him off but we decided that might add to his anxiety because it's not the normal routine. So Dad and C. brought him there and he stayed without too much convincing. He seemed to enjoy himself and said he'd like to go back. Which is good because he was going back this morning anyway. Day 2 also went well and he likes singing songs, doing projects, playing outside and drinking from the very small juice cups. Those small cups were a hit. It's hard to believe how quickly he's growing up. Here ar e the boys, ready to head off to school.


I finally got back to the gym this morning after "resting" my sprained foot since Friday morning. It feels almost 100% but I'll hold off on running or anything with side to side motion for a few days because some of those stresses hurt a little. Clipping out of my spin shoes was a little painful on that foot but spin class went well. I've been a little un-motivated lately. We added this biathlon a few weeks ago and I'm really looking forward to doing a race with Paul, but it doesn't have the same excitement as my triathlon training over the summer. I think it's partly because the run is 5 miles and I haven't run a continuous 5 miles all summer so I'm just going to wing it. I have no goal other than to finish the run and be able to get on my bike without falling over. If I can be done in less than 2 hours, great. The other part is probably like wedding day blues, where you train and practice and think about the race and then it's all over so fast. My life went back to the same way it was before the race, and it's just a memory now. The cool feeling that I'm a triathlete lasted a couple days but now I'm left looking for my next project or plan. Not sure what that will be, until then I'm going to try to get up and go to the gym and take things as they come.

1 comment:

crazy tri mama said...

You're gettin' back at it! That's what I call it when you are returning to training "after some time off"!

Looking forward to seeing more posts from you. I just stumbled onto your blog and we sound very similar. Small kids, busy houses, tryin' the tri thing here and there.

Nice to "meet you"!!