Wednesday, September 06, 2006

Not a runner, yet

This morning I had grand ambitions of running 5 miles at the gym since our race on the 24th is a 5 mile run and 16 mile bike. I had the iPod, figured I'd have some good music, TV for extra entertainment and get in the 5 miles. That didn't happen. I ran 3 miles at 9:40 miles and then I walked for 2 minutes before running 1 more mile for a total of 4.25 miles in 42:08. My heart rate was pretty far up there, over 170 by the treadmill heart rate monitor and I was feeling tired after that distance. The thing that bugs me most is that I just don't have the mental running thing yet. I'm not really so tired that I can't go on, my mind just completely gives in and gives up. I've got to get my mind doing some practice runs so that when my body takes it out, it doesn't give up so easily. I think maybe there's a part of me that feels like now that I've completed my 2 triathlons for the this year, I'm done. I'm taking it easy. I don't think I want to take it easy, I want to stay in shape. The thought of an extra 30 minutes of sleep every morning is so nice, though. It's hard. Tomorrow morning's spin, that's always a good workout.

No comments: