Tuesday, January 09, 2007

Hello, hamstrings, please come back

I think it was during set number 6 of squats this morning in Butts & Gutts that my hamstrings decided they were leaving the rest of my body. If the south can declare it's seceeding from the union, I guess my hamstrings can declare they're leaving. They didn't get far, but they sure quit helping the rest of the body for the duration of the day. It was only a problem when: sitting down, standing up, going up the stairs, going down the stairs, bending over to pick up Superman, bending over to wipe Superman's nose, get in the car, out of the car- you get the picture. I wouldn't have thought that only a little over a week away from the gym would have caused this amount of weakness on day 2 of the return. I am looking forward to tomorrow morning's swim.

Then I got home, checked out some favorite blogs and realized I've been tagged! It's a first for me and it's a much cooler first than the first anonymous comment blasting. Especially since I was tagged by the really cool Ironmomjenny. (Some day when I learn anything technical I'll be able to insert links in my text and on my side bars) So, here goes- my first tag.

1. Find the nearest book.
2. Name the book & the author.
3. Turn to page 123.
4. Go to the fifth sentence on the page.
Copy out the next three sentences and post to your blog.
5. Tag three more folks.

1. Already I'm in trouble because the nearest book is Clifford's bedtime and it's only 12 pages. So I've got to switch to the second closest book.

2. She's Such A Geek, edited by Annalee Newitz and Charlie Anders.

3/4. Jon scored well enough that he will be taking high-school-level math in the seventh grade next year. I got the information from Mrs. Frisch, and I want you to take the test." My mom's tine implied that this was a settled matter.

5. Okay, now to tag other people that I haven't already seen with this tag posted. I tag: Siren (Hitting my Stride), GeekGirl (Tales from the Back of the Pack, formerly Athena Diaries) and Julia (Five in Five). I hope this isn't like passing along the chain letter e-mails that everyone hates so much!

I had another good day of eating. I met my mom for lunch and we even split a serving of the chocolate bread pudding being served in the cafeteria today. Since I knew I was having dessert I was good and had a small tomato basil soup with some vegetables for lunch. It's nice having lunch with my mom for 2 reasons- first, we barely get to talk when we get together with the kids and second- she buys! I think I'm finally recovered from the stomach thing and just back to the low level nausea that I hope will be improving very soon.

Pregnancy status: 9 weeks, 2 days. 215 days to go.

2 comments:

i am Susan said...

Glad you are finally feeling better...mmm dessert is always good (especially when someone else pays:))

Triteacher said...

Hope the hamstrings come back soon and start pulling their own weight!