Thursday, October 26, 2006

Not only Prince Spaghetti Day

Wednesdays are my recovery from 2-a-day-Tuesdays now. My plan has been to get through boot camp at 5:35am and then do a longer run on the treadmill but Tuesdays are tougher than I anticipated. Gutts & Butts at 6am does a lot of squats and lunges, so the noon spin class is a bit tougher on my legs than normal. So after the high intensity cardio/weights during boot camp, I just don't have much left in me to run. I managed some jogging at 6mph and then switched to walking at 4.4mph for a while. I bumped the incline up to 2% for most of the walking, the treadmill HR monitor said I was still in the mids 130's, so I know I was still working. I got in 30 minutes, and called it a day.

I did get a free acupuncture treatment yesterday. They needed a volunteer at the health fair and I've always been interested in acupuncture so I gave it a shot. Apparently my liver and stomach were holding a lot of frustration and anger, and they were blocking my kidneys from interacting with my heart. That would be bad. After about 30 minutes with some pins in my feet, legs, stomach, collarbone and one in the middle of my forehead, I was deemed more in balance. I don't really feel any different, but he did say it might be subtle. I can honestly say that while I'm not afraid of needles, for anyone that is, I didn't really feel most of them at all. A couple of times I felt him tapping the needle into place, but it didn't feel like a needle, just a tapping of sorts. It was interesting.

Tomorrow will be my first 24 hour event. Not nearly exciting as that title might sound, I'm going to complete the sprint 3 triathlon legs, going at a pace that pushes myself, within 24 hours. The pool opens at 5:15am, so I'll get in my 550 yards (502 meters) first thing and head to the gym for a 15 mile bike ride. If I can't get a spin bike with an odometer I'll have to settle for the regular exercise bikes, but either way I'll get there. I don't know whether the run will be tomorrow night or Saturday morning, we'll see what's on the schedule. It will likely be a treadmill run anyway, so it won't matter too much with time.

No comments: