Tuesday, October 03, 2006

Happy birthiversary, Mommy

Yesterday was our 7 year wedding anniversary. Paul and the boys came to work to have lunch with me. On the way they stopped and bought me some flowers and M. picked out a lovely bumblebee balloon for me as well. The flowers stayed with me at work, but the balloon came home so I could enjoy it with the boys. When I got the flowers, Paul asked M. "What do you say to mom?" and he replied "Happy Bir...th...iversary, Mommy". It was very cute. I am very lucky to have such a wonderful marriage. Paul is a great husband and father and puts up with a whole lot of stuff that I don't think anyone else would deal with. We're a lucky family.

On a training note, I haven't had much motivation since the biathlon last weekend, and really it's been largely gone since August 31st when I finished my second triathlon. But, I was listening to Iron Wil and Kahuna's podcast and they mentioned a New Years triathlon event. That got me to thinking that I don't need a formal race in order to keep up with my training. Because of the timing of daylight hours, my training moves inside now until late spring. I've decided I'm planning to, at least once a month, have a 3-event 24 hours. I can't really call it a triathlon because to me that signifies doing the three events consecutively and I don't have the time or equipment to do them consecutively. What I can do is get to the pool early and swim, get to the gym and bike and run either that night at home- or the next morning on the treadmill. I realize this will in no way simulate the real triathlon experience, but it's the best I can do given some time constraints- like work. If I give a good hard effort in all three areas at least once a month I can maybe assemble some sort of baseline or what I can do in a 500m swim, a 15 mile bike and 3 mile run. Not sure when I'll start, but I hope to do it soon.

No comments: