Wednesday, October 11, 2006

Six minutes before the alarm

I can't decide whether I like it or hate it when I wake up six minutes before the alarm goes off. On one hand, it's nicer to wake up on my own than to the beeping of the watch alarm, on the other hand, that's six more minutes I could have been sleeping. As my husband would surely tell you, I'm pretty much always running at a certain level of tired. I never really slept well before we had kids and then after the kids came along I can sleep more soundly, but it's never a good, deep, uninterrupted sleep. I'd be a big fan of the daily naps, but I can't manage to fit that into the schedule.

This morning was bootcamp at the gym. Twenty five minutes of intense cardio and weights. Then I did a 30 minute run on the treadmill hill program. I was able to maintain 10 minute miles for 20 minutes with inclines up to 3%, I walked some but never slower than a 13:39 pace (4.4mph). We're starting a step counting program at work, it's 7am and I've already got 7462 steps. I should definitely make 12, 500- that's the goal for 5 days a week.

1 comment:

ShesAlwaysWrite said...

You can WALK at a 4.4 mph pace?! That's the fastest I've been running lately! You must have long legs - the fastest pace I can "walk" (it's brutally hard for me to do and I can't keep it up long) is 4.0.