Tuesday, November 07, 2006

Sleep, sleep, sleep

That's really all I want. I love my boys. They're great boys, they really are- between the hours of 6am and 8pm they are 99.9% wonderful and 0.1% normal toddler/pre-schooler challenging. However, between the hours of 8pm and 6am- or more precisely 2:30-4:30am, they are a pain. I don't know how a less than 2-year old can be awake from 6:30am- 7:30pm with only a 30 minute nap (often no nap at all), still yell for mom for about 20 minutes when he's put in his crib at 7:30p and then he's up again at 3:30am, ready to go. M. ended up coming in our room at 2:30am and he was coughing and restless so I couldn't get back to sleep. Then C. gets up at 3:30am yelling and being loud. I got up and brought him into M's bed and he talked to me, rolled around, played with my face, hid under the covers and was generally being social, despite me completely ignoring him, until he finally fell asleep 3 minutes before my alarm went off at 4:32am. M. has always been a awful sleeper, too. I've heard all the people that say it's our fault, any maybe it is, and so I'm dealing, I just don't have to be happy about it. The goal is to get the most people in the house the most sleep. Right now I seem to be the one that gets consistently less than I'd like. Some day C. will be too old to want to lay down in a bed with Mommy and give me hugs. Then I'll be a middle aged insomiac woman with nothing to do in the middle of the night and I'll miss our time together. I try to keep that in mind at 2:30am but it's not always by first thought.

On a happier note, it's practically a holiday at our house, Cars comes out on DVD today! We've got the popcorn all ready and after dinner it's movie night. We're all looking forward to it. Paul took M. to see it in the theater last spring but they didn't catch the last 30 minutes. It got a little too long for M. to sit. At least at home we can always catch what we missed when we watch it again and again and again.

I didn't have the energy to run this morning so it was 20 minutes on the elliptical trainer before Gutts & Butts class, a.k.a. a million squats and lunges. A lot of glute work this morning, I should be looking like a model for "Buns of Steel", and I know the buns of steel are there, well insulated, but there. That's the best I can do for now.

1 comment:

Ellie Hamilton said...

Jbmommy! Been there! My kids didn't sleep either. 2 of them as adults still don't. One does but her daughter (age 8) does not, never has. It's genetic. Not your fault.

Thanks for reading my blog and all your support! Connecticut, hmmmm, I need a CT marathon....